10 Things We Loved-10 Years of Ally Rehmtullah
Words by Amina Lukanza
1. Setting the scene and raising the bar. Can we take a second to talk about the sight we all took in as soon as we arrived at the serena gardens. The stage design was all that it teased to be. The roses scattered on the stage floor were saying to us “brace yourselves for an evening of slayage”
2. A fashion event. Did you think fashion trends were only restricted to the runway? We got major fashion baller alerts from Ally’s invited guests who came out dressed to the nines.
3. The hair and make up. Big hair, bold lipstick! The models came out strutting their stuff they came out with a fierceness that made you want to snap your fingers and say yass girl yass!
4. The colour palette. Yes to the dresses and yes to the colour schemes. The collection had lots of cool pastels, subtle nudes and a just a tease of bold prints bringing the right kind of edginess to traditionally soft colours.
5. Trends galore. We saw big arms and free flowing outfits all of which we’ve been seeing a lot of lately in the international fashion scene. Is the delightful Mr Rehmtullah hinting that he’s here to dress us into the future?
6.The men’s clothing. Wowza! Did you peep the men’s clothing though? The women’s looks have our seal of approval but it was the men’s looks that ticked all our boxes with designs that boasted comfort, swag and a whole lota personality.
7. Oh hey there Ally, we see you! Amid all the new trends we couldn’t help but notice some signature Ally Rehmtullah cuts and aesthetics proving that the designer stays plans to stay true himself. Awesome!
8. Tunes. As our eyes were setting sight on the creations our eardrums were being taken on a whimsical journey. The combination of the two forces put definitely put us in a good mood.
9. The cute li’l history lesson. Our gracious host led us through a trip down memory lane where we got to hear all about his fashion journey. A super motivating that goes to prove that hard work and perseverance really does pay off.
10. Stage on fire. We’ve already mentioned that we fell in love with the stage set up as soon we walked in but at the end of the show when the sparklers came on, things were taken to a whole new level. Obviously this lituation was received with a standing ovation.